Sunday, November 18, 2007

Blog # 9

I feel that Google is the most interesting web-based tool and resource that I may use when teaching. Googleis an American public corporation that specializes in Internet search and online advertising. The company is based in Mountain View, California, and has 15,916 full-time employees as of September 30, 2007. Google's mission statement is, "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful." It is the largest American company that is not part of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

Google was co-founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were students at Stanford University and the company was first incorporated as a privately held company on September 7, 1998. Google's initial public offering took place on August 19, 2004, raising $1.67 billion, making it worth $23 billion. Through a series of new product developments, acquisitions and partnerships, the company has expanded its initial search and advertising business into other areas, including web-based email, online mapping, office productivity, and video sharing, among others. With that being said, there's not doubt about it that Google.com is the most interesting and helpful resource for any teacher. Not only does Google help me now as a college student, but I'm sure that I'll be utilizing the site on a daily basis once I enter into my profression as well.

As I tried to master the technology of Excel, I found it very difficult to do. The only time I have ever worked with Excel was way back in high school for a required computer course. The assignment that we did for this course, helped me somewhat but I would still like to fully master it. Hopefully in the future, I'll be able to grasp the concept and apply it to my profession.

To achieve my educational-technology goals in the future I will ask other resources what they have found to be most effective as they incoporated technology into their classrooms. I will also do research to be sure I have found the most productive way to incorporate technology into whatever profession I may chose to enter. As well as, to incorporate the technology on a daily basis so that individuals have a chance to become familiar with it.

No comments: