Monday, October 22, 2007

Blog Posting #3

Within Chapter 4 titled Hardware for Educators, the topics such as input devices, output devices, and storage media and devices. An input device is any hardware component that allows you to enter data, programs, commands, and user responses into a computer. The devices include keyboards, pointing devices, scanners and reading devices, and etc. an output device is any computer component capable of conveying information to a user. Output devices are commonly include monitors, printers, data projectors, speakers, and etc. A Storage device is a mechanism used to record and retrieve items to and from a storage medium. They function as sources of input and output.

I would like to share with the class that I just recently applied for an intern position and I really hope I get it! I applied for the intern just recently as a project for my Human Growth and Development course. As a class, we also had to build a resume and cover letter to send to the company and that helped me out a great deal. Hopefully, the director of the position finds me as an ideal candidate and chooses me for the intern. Wish me luck!!!!

Some new skills I’ve acquired since the last posting that I feel will be useful to my future educational career were obtained while completing the Web Hunt activity. Now, I know how to use Google and any other search engine to find a major website that is useful to what I need to research. I also learned that Word can be a very useful tool for many different things. I use Word to write all my papers for school and I now know how to utilize it for other things.

No comments: